Sunday 31 January 2016

Evaluation

byAfrique
January's over, time to evaluate. 


It's been a decent month for me, in fact I think it was a great start. I feel like I've learnt a lot of things; things that will help me go about the year the right way. I think that's what January is for, a month of preparation because realistic things don't change the minute the calendar changes to 1/1. You still have to hustle and work.

3 things I've achieved this month
I went to a gallery by myself. (I've already made a post about this which you can read here). I remember coming out of the gallery thinking, 'which one should I go to next?' Being independent is rewarding feeling, I'm ready to do a lot of things by myself. 

I managed to film something. Anyone who knows me knows I am an enthusiast for film and digital media. I've been inspired by great film-makers on YouTube but never used that inspiration to create something of my own. When the time came for me to film, I was clueless, and when it came to editing, I didn't like the final product. The old me would have instantly given up. But for some reason, all I felt was determination to better myself. Not everyone is good at something from the start. So I'm going to go out, learn, film and edit more often. 

And lastly, my last achievement is booking a ticket to somewhere. I'm not going to say where I'm going yet, that's a whole different post, but essentially, this summer I'm travelling. I've talked about travelling for the longest time ever, but never put words into action. This time, I really had to force myself to get a job, save money, close my eyes and just do it. 

Things I want to work on?
Looking after myself, saving money and being productive. 

How has it been for you?
Reminder that your achievements are not limited to one month. Change and success take time. Also never compare yourself to anyone. Everyone runs a different race in life, so don't compare your beginning to someone's middle. Focus on yourself and yourself alone. 

Take care, 
- Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment